A stunning modern farmhouse, Wayside House was built in 2004 and benefits from complete modern luxury, with underfloor heating and maple flooring throughout. Set on its own in the heart of the Culm Valley with the most fantastic views across to the Blackdown Hills (designated and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), this is the most perfect place for a short break, holiday or celebration with family or friends.
Sleeping up to 10 adults but can accommodate an extra 3 adults on additional/alternative beds, with a large games room, fantastic outdoor play equipment and a covered heated swimming pool this property has it all.
- Five bedrooms (2 en-suite)
- Large Kitchen-diner (Dinning Table Seats 12)
- Large Family Bathroom, with shower bath and WC
- Seperate downstairs WC
- Spacious Living Room with Large Flat Screen Television
- Oak framed conservatory (2nd Living Room)
- Covered Heated Swimming Pool
- Separate Wet Room and Changing Room for the Swimming Pool
- Games Room with Pool Table, Air Hockey, Sky TV, Wii Games Console
- Fantastic Play Equipment, Climbing Frame, Swing, Trampoline and Table Tennis Table
- Parking for several vehicles
- Electric, code controlled gate (for added security)
- Cot and Highchair
- Gas Barbecue (Supplied April until October)
- Arrival after 4pm / Departure by 9.30am
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Log affect gas fire (gas provided)
- Large Flat-screen Televisions with SkyTV
- Automatic washing machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Fastlite Hob
- Large Rangemaster style electric oven
- Walk in larder
- American Style Fridge/Freezer
- Duvets / linen / house towels provided (pool towels NOT provided)
- 1x Cot and highchair available
- Patio furniture
- Pub 1 mile
- Shop 1 mile
- No fireworks or sky lanterns
The large bright entranceway/hallway leads via double glass doors to a spacious living room with three large comfortable leather sofas and an armchair, from which you can relax and watch SkyTV, Blue-Ray discs or DVD's on the 40" flat-screen television, or look at the spectacular views out of the windows across the Culm Valley and the Blackdown Hills.
The kitchen includes a Whirlpool American-style fridge freezer, walk-in larder and a Rangemaster style electric oven. There is also a large dining table thats seats 12 easily for dinners and celebrations. Through a door at the end of the dining area there is a gorgeous conservatory, cooled by Daikin air conditioning and with a Samsung 40in flat screen TV it makes for a perfect 2nd sitting room.
The utility room has a sink, washing machine and dryer. Not that you will need it, but a Beam Serenity Plus system controlled from here can vacuum the whole house with inlets in the skirting boards of every room!
There is a feature galleried landing on the first floor accessed via the contemporary stainless steel and glass staircase. From it, the master bedroom has a king-size bed and a single bed, as well as a walk-in wardrobe. The ensuite bathroom has a shower unit and a stylish modern glass basin.
Bedroom two is a twin room with single beds, bedroom three has a 5ft double bed and a single bed, and bedroom four has a double bed. All the furniture is maple wood, and all the wardrobes are built-in. They are served by a large family bathroom with stylish Bette and Geberit sanitaryware.
Across the brick pavure parking area is the Annexe Suite, with a 5ft king size bed and a single bed with its own ensuite wetroom. Next to this is the games room with Pool Table, Air Hockey, SkyTV and a Wii games console.
There is a private covered heated swimming pool for all year round fun with a separate wet room and changing room in an adjacent building for the pool.
Continuing outdoors around the main house, a secure fenced yard on woodchip has children's play equipment and trampoline. Next to it is a paved terrace with a large gas barbecue and ha-ha (6ft drop, toddlers beware) overlooking thousands of acres of rolling pasture and farmland.
There is outdoor seating with two round marble tables that each seat six comfortably and a gazebo canopy in the summer. And why not spend the late morning in the sun lying in the hammock on the terrace with a good book, or enjoying the stunning surrounding views.
Beyond the play equipment you will find a 16ft x 32ft covered heated swimming pool with its own changing and shower area.
Sorry, no pets. Non-smokers only. Full weeks are Friday-Friday. Short breaks available all year round (changeover days are Monday and Friday).